- Foster intercultural understanding and responsiveness to social, ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversity through non-formal educational approaches. MITRA’s mission is to create awareness among people about their role in the society and instill skills for them to act in a positive and constructive way. The organisation aims to develop innovative educational approaches addressing diversity for inclusive education.
- Popularise art skills by providing regular trainings for people in different age. MITRA’s objective is to help people to build an understanding of the role of art and creativity in society as well as essential skills of self-expression. The organisation aspires to enhance Information and Communication Technologies uptake in teaching and learning and use ICT to promote handicrafts and art.
- Promote visual arts and increase level of digital competence among people with fewer opportunities: unemployed, youth, people in age 50+, women, ethnic and national minorities, migrants, refugees, low educated and people without professions and also general public. MITRA’s objective is to enhance artistic creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship and increased employability in the European labour market and beyond.
- Promote equity, social cohesion through volunteering and enable people in different ages to participate fully in the European projects.
- Support adult education and vocational training by providing lifelong learning projects and organise tailored learning opportunities for people with fewer opportunities with the aim to motivate them to learn, create new businesses and make them active and socially included.
Eesti People to People
Eesti People to People is a non-governmental organisation registered in Estonia in 1997 and with activities since 1993 as a chapter of People to People International. The purpose of People to People aims to enhance international understanding and friendship through educational, cultural and humanitarian activities involving the exchange of ideas and experiences directly among peoples of different countries and diverse cultures.
Eesti People to People has 3 members of the board and more than 100 volunteers at the moment. There are many people in age 50+ and also people with fewer opportunities – national minorities, unemployed, neets, people from depressive urban and rural areas and from islands, etc.
Eesti People to People has experience in organising local training courses for groups of 5-35 people and big international seminars and conferences. Eesti People to People has experience in Grundtvig Partnership project “Europe need active seniors”, in Grundtvig Seniors project, also in Leonardo da Vinci Partnership, EuropeAid, EU Aid Volunteers, Nordplus, NORDEN and Erasmus+ KA1, KA2 and KA3 projects.
The main topics for NGO staff members as trainers are media literacy, active citizenship, global education, inclusion, gender equality, European citizenship and European values.
There are professional journalist, educators and trainers among Eesti People to People staff persons and volunteers.
Danmar Computers LLC is a private company operating in the field of Information Technology and providing vocational training in this field. Danmar has an extensive experience in developing modern Web and mobile applications that are used for educational purposes. Danmar also has long-term experience of carrying out European projects within which company’s R&D staff conducts research and prepares trainings tailored to the needs of various learners. During 15 years, Danmar has successfully implemented over 50 projects within Grundtvig, Leonardo da Vinci, Progress and recently Erasmus+.
In many of these projects Danmar was responsible for designing and coordinating dissemination strategies. Danmar Computers is the developer and provider of AdminProject, the on-line system for management of European projects. All activities of the company are based on wide and well-established cooperation network, both on national and international levels. The national networks include training and counselling institutions, universities, schools, non-governmental organisations as well as private sector companies. International network include partners of various profiles coming from every European Union’s country. Danmar Computer’s mission is the promotion of life-long education and assurance of equal access to education for everyone with the use of modern technology.
CESIE is a non-profit, apolitical, and non-governmental organisation based in Palermo (Italy) and established in 2001.
CESIE is committed to promote the cultural, social, educational and economic development at local, national, European and international levels. CESIE contributes to growth and development through the active participation of people, civil society and institutions, always valuing diversity.
Inspired by the work of Danilo Dolci, we focus our work on the research of social needs and challenges and the use of innovative learning approaches. In this way, CESIE actively connects research with action through the use of formal and non-formal learning methodologies.
The organisational structure is divided into 6 thematic units working in cooperation and managing activities in their specific fields: Higher Education and Research; Rights and Justice; Adult, Migration; School; Youth. The units are supported by 3 geographical departments (Local, European and International) and 4 transversal offices (Visibility and Communication, Networking, HRs, Financial).
Moreover, CESIE benefits from a broad network of partners with more than 3000 civil society organisations, universities, schools, research centres, public authorities and private entities, youth centres, companies and entrepreneurs in the world.
CESIE staff is composed of 60 people with a wide range of qualifications, skills and professional profiles, united by a deep sharing of ideals that lead our activities. The team has an international character being composed not only by Italians, but also by people from the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Serbia, Lithuania, etc. CESIE is therefore considered to be a very concrete and positive example of European values.
At the same time, CESIE relies on about 150 external experts that collaborate for specific activities in our offices: three in Sicily and three abroad. Equally important is the contribution from around 100 interns and volunteers engaged in internships at our organization per year.
Centre for Education
Centre for Education was set up in 2012 and is a Not for Profit Association based in the Marina Cala D’or, Mallorca, Spain.
Its team works towards:
- The promotion, research and the provision of training and education of all age groups,
- The improvement of education and training opportunities in both content and method
- To increase the availability of education and training,
- To achieve more interest and success in education and training and
The Centre is attended by students who range from a variety of social backgrounds and who come from many different EU Countries.
The Centre works closely with both NGO’s and SME’s in the maritime, sports, and tourism sectors locally in Spain as well as Germany and the UK. With Germany and the UK it regularly runs mobility exchange programs for young adults between these organisations.
The Centre works furthermore in close contact with its local authorities, who support their work, especially the training for youth and activities to support the tourism industry in our region.
The Centre’s personnel are also experienced in writing and managing EU funded projects.
Centre for Education also delivers specially designed training courses to disadvantaged groups of young or more senior adults where the following basic skills and key competences are taught:
- Computer Basics,
- The Internet and email accounts,
- Pathway to employment advice,
- Learning to learn new techniques,
- How to present yourself skills, and
- Online Language training.
These courses have been delivered in cooperation with like-minded organisations who also work in the field of training young and older adults in order to re-engage them.
University of Thessaly
As one of the University of Thessaly central institutions, the Lifelong Learning Center of University of Thessaly supports all major processes at the University and provides basic and individually tailored services for all university institutional bodies in order to systematize and unify the decentral training in the various fields. Particularly the LLC organizes the training for all apprentices in this area. They carry out the basic training and throughout the whole training period, they offer internships, courses, industry courses, and support for preparing for “smooth” transition to the business world.
Additionally the Lifelong Learning Center is associated with organizing, coordinating and providing continuous vocational training as well as managing the effective transition of its graduates to the labor market. Being concerned with problems related to labor market, jobs availability, young entrepreneurship and student mobility, one of the main objectives of the institution is to become a permanent link between the University and the business community through training services related to all fields of knowledge provided by University of Thessaly. Certified by the National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP), the L.L. Center also provides an e-learning platform aiming to enhance the educational process while offering a dynamic interactive environment. As part of the activities and the fulfilment of its targets the Lifelong Learning Center on its own initiative implements various projects, which have as a main target to reinforce the development of new instruments and innovative solutions related to the office overall objectives.