Procedure for validation
The possible procedure for validation was developed during Erasmus+ project “CooperActive II” in 2017 and published in “Model of a system for validation of competences, acquired through non-formal and informal learning”. Eesti People to People NGO was one of this project partner.
(1) The procedures for validation are organised after an application is submitted by the individual to the Director or Head of Institution (VA) according to the application.
(2) To proof the acquired professional knowledge, skills and competencies requested for validation the individual shall submit copies of documents along with the originals for verification: document for an educational level, attestations, references, certificates from previous training, photos of artifacts and more.
(3) The application certified by the person, other evidence and CV are included in the portfolio created by the institution (VA). The content of the portfolio is a list of documents, evidences and dates of submissions.
(4) The portfolio of the individual includes the documents created during the procedures for validation – a schedule for conducting validation, topics for addition training and others.
(5) The individual’s portfolio is stored in a folder at a location determined by an order of the Director or Head of the Institution, and after the completion of the validation – permanently in the archives of the institution.
(6) For the performance of the validation procedures a contract is signed between the institution (VA) and the individual applicant. The contract consists of the regulations, rights and obligations of the parties, the organisation, implementation, material and financial provision.
(7) The Commission for the preparation, organisation and implementation of theoretical and practical state exams for the respective profession or theoretical and practical exams for the respective profession to acquire the qualification of the respective profession – prepares protocols (a protocol for admission to examinations recognizing of a professional qualification, a protocol from the assessments of examinations for acquiring professional qualification, protocol for conducting a written examination for the recognition of professional qualification, examination materials, etc. with regards to the conduct of examinations).
(8) Documents created during the validation procedures – application blank, information card, application form, a comparative table, a schedule to conduct validation, materials related to additional training, comparison protocols, a certified copy of the certificate and others should be included to the portfolio of the individual.
(9) If, after evaluating the evidence it is established that they meet all of the required criteria, the competencies are to be recognized and a respective legal document is issued.
(10) If the evidences are assessed as insufficient, unreliable or inadequate quality, a decision is taken to direct the applicant to:
- additional examinations or tests as required;
- additional learning according an individually developed plan;
- inclusion in an appropriate program for education and training;
- additional profession guidance or counseling.
Such actions should be based on finding the most practical, efficient and effective decision in terms of cost under the given circumstances.
(11) Following the examination, a certificate is issued to validate the qualification as part of the respective profession or a certificate to validate the professional qualification.
(12) The certificate is registered in a registration book.
(13) Documents created during the validation procedures – application blank, information card, application form, a comparative table, a schedule to conduct validation, materials related to additional training, comparison protocols, a certified copy of the certificate and others should be included the portfolio of the individual.
(14) The individual’s portfolio is stored in a folder at a location determined by an order of the Director or Head of the Institution, and after the completion of the validation – permanently in the archives of the institution.